Consider a donation
Geology Graduate Student Organization
Geology Alumni Association
Fossiliferous sediments, Discovery Bay, Jamaica
Welcome to the School of Geosciences at the University of South Florida. Our mission is to provide our students with an outstanding education in the Geosciences that will prepare them to work as professionals and to address major questions about our environment and natural resources. Our faculty lead the academic community in exploration of a wide range of global earth science questions and challenges. Our graduate students participate in this research, pursuing projects all over the world in a variety of disciplines, including atmospheric sciences, coastal studies, geochemistry, geodesy, geophysics, geographic information science (GIScience), hydrogeology and water resource management, karst studies, natural hazards, paleo-environmental science, seismology, tectonics, volcanology, and more. We offer BA, BS, MS and PhD degrees in Geology, Geography, and Environmental Science and Policy.
* * * * News Headlines and Upcoming Events * * * *
- USF Geoscientist, Brian Andres, names two new species of Pterosaur. Read all about it ...
- NOAA Preserve Initiative - Dr. Jennifer Collins, NOAA Hurricane Hunters and NWS team up to sponsor the preservation of historical records and data on Tampa Bay storms. Their display is located in the USF Library Learning Commons. (Read all about it ...)
- The Association of American Geographers (AAG) Annual Meeting to be held in Tampa - April 8-12, 2014
(more details ....)
- Coffee Hour - When: Mondays at 9:30-10:30 - Where: SCA 512 - All are invited! Hosted by the Geology Grad Student Organization (GGSO).
- School of Geosciences Holiday Party - When: Friday, Dec 6 - Celebrate with us and enjoy delicious food and drinks! (more details ....)
- Fall 2013 Rockbreaker Event - Meet Geology Alumni! Save the Date: Friday, Oct. 18th (more details...)
- School of Geosciences Open House - Wednesday, Oct. 16th - All are invited!
- Geology students: Interview with Exxon-Mobil - on campus, Oct 14 - 16. See Dawn McGowan (GeoSci Office Manager) for details!