Welcome to the School of Geosciences Course Permit Request Form
Hello, and thank you for stopping by.
Please select the course(s) for which you are requesting a permit (select checkbox for each permit request & semester requested).Also, please make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements for each course you select.
If you are not sure you are eligible, please email your advisor at GeoAdvise@usf.edu and ask. We are here to help you, but please understand that prerequisites are STRICTLY enforced - meaning, courses must be passed with a C or better. Also, requesting a permit does NOT guarantee a seat in a course.
::::Good news alert::::
You do not need a permit if you are taking, or have taken, the listed pre-requisite(s) or co-requisite(s) at USF.
Please note that students will need permits for Summer B courses if they are completing the pre-requisites in Summer A. When submitting your permit request, please make a note in the comments that you are planning to enroll in Summer A for a pre-requisite to Summer B.
Select a checkbox for each permit requested.
By selecting the box below, you confirm your understanding of the School of Geosciences permit process, including:
- Permits allow the student to register for the course (if open). Permits do not register the student - it is the student's responsibility to register for desired courses after receiving the permit. A permit does not obligate the student to take the course.
- Students should use OASIS as their confirmation - the permit will appear on OASIS.
- Requests will be processed in the order received. Processing time will be longer
if course evaluations need to be completed first. Do NOT submit a permit until course
evaluations are completed!
- Requests for permits are NOT processed after hours, or on weekends.
- Permits do not guarantee a seat in the course.
- Errors can occur on OASIS. The School of Geosciences is not responsible for activity on OASIS.
Requests will be processed within 2 working days, except during high-volume
times. High volume times include: the week prior to school starting, the first two
weeks of school, and the first month of registration. Requests for permits are NOT
processed after hours or on weekends.
Confirmation of student understanding. Selection of this box is REQUIRED for receiving a permit.
Please complete a Course Contract, before requesting a permit, if indicated next to your course listing. Notice:
- Courses EVR 4900, EVR 4905, and EVR 4930 require contract EVR_4900-4905-4930.pdf
- Courses EVR 4910 and EVR 4940 require contract EVR_4940-4910.pdf
- Download the appropriate Contract(PDF document) and save to your computer.
- Fill in and save the completed Contract.
- Upload the completed Contract (PDF document) using the Browse button below.
The permit will not be processed until the contract has been completed. If students are unable to upload the contract, the contract must be dropped off at SCA 203 for processing.
Students applying for a permit for Independent Study or Directed readings must first get permission from a faculty member. The faculty member who is overseeing the students work must be listed on the contract and uploaded with the permit request. If the contract is not completed, the request will not be approved, and the student will not be permitted to register for the course.
Please complete if you have additional comments about your permit request.